b-hebrew - different names for places

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Ruthy & Baruch" <alster AT comandcom.com>
  • To: "b-hebrew" <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: different names for places
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 21:17:43 +0300

Shalom to all!

Thanks to those who responded to my request, but as I seem to have been
misunderstood, I think I should clarify myself.

I'm looking for different names used for the same place, in the same
narrative (or oracle, etc.), when the change occurs according to *different
points of view* referred to in the narrative. In Psalm 48 or Isaiah 29,
there doesn't seem to be a rule as to when the different names of Jerusalem
are used. If I'm mistaken, please correct me.

Thanks again
Baruch Alster