b-hebrew - Re: abraham and jacob

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Mark Markham" <markhamm AT topsurf.com>
  • To: "Jim West" <jwest AT highland.net>, "Biblical Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Cc: <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: abraham and jacob
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 23:52:51 +0200

How do I get the secret decoder ring? You know the one that has the ground
rules to apply to the whole-- or do we just make it say what we want it to
by playing with it until it "feels good". It is hard enough to work with
established rules let alone fly by the seat of our pants. Find the Rosetta
stone of codes and just maybe we'll get somewhere.

For now I guess I just stick to sweating out intended meaning in the texts.
Until I understand and apply the clear and plain I have no time for this
form of interjection and perpetual frustration.

Grace to you,
Mark Markham