b-hebrew - Re[2]: targums: needed?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: peter_kirk AT sil.org
  • To: <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>, <ButhFam AT compuserve.com>
  • Subject: Re[2]: targums: needed?
  • Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 14:15:15 -0400

I'm not sure who wrote the following (quoted by Randall Buth) - have I
missed a posting? But what is this writer's evidence for these
"obvious" statements, and in particular that 'Aramaic was the language
of the "common folk"'? That is (in part) what the argument is about,
and it cannot be solved simply by saying "it is obvious".

Peter Kirk