b-hebrew - Re: Jehu and Jezebel

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Douglas L Kasten <doug.kasten AT juno.com>
  • To: barre AT c-zone.net
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Jehu and Jezebel
  • Date: Sat, 8 May 1999 10:16:24 -0600

Lloyd,

You wrote at the end of your posting:
"Our women list members are especially invited to offer their comments on
this passage."

I realize that by quoting you from the end of your posting I am informing
you and the list that I actually read through the whole thing, something
I'd previously said I wouldn't do--however, I DID say that I'd check in
with you from time to time : )

I was about to hit the delete button when I came across the above quote.
Lloyd, care to make clear to me why a woman would, as a woman, have more
to say about this passage than a man? Is there something superior to a
woman's text-critical skills or, because a woman is involved in the
narrative, is that narrative somehow more susceptible to her analysis?
Perhaps you'll be able to fill me in on what I can only consider a
methodologically questionable comment.

With Curiosity,
Doug
or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]