b-hebrew - Re: Cognate language question

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Dave Washburn" <dwashbur AT nyx.net>
  • To: b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Cognate language question
  • Date: Wed, 5 May 1999 18:15:05 -0700

> At 02:45 PM 5/5/99 -0700, you wrote:
> >(How's that for sneaking this one in?)
> >Does anyone know of a cross-reference index, online or otherwise,
> >between Gordon's numbers and KTU numbers of the Ugaritic texts?
> >Thanks,
> >Dave Washburn
>
> Dave,
>
> Dietrich and Loretz's "Cuneiform Alphabetic Texts" (1995: Ugarit Verlag,
> Muenster), lists the museum, excavation, and publication abbreviations and
> gives the corresponding KTU number.
>
> For example, on page 639, CTA 1 = KTU 1.1
> On page 621 RS 24.271 = KTU 1.123
>
> etc.
>
> Are you looking for a particular number or just the whole list?

I'm looking for the whole list cross-referenced to the numbers in C.
Gordon's "Ugaritic Textbook," where he uses his own numbering
system. Every so often I come across a reference to something in
an Ugaritic tablet, but it's usually by KTU number and Gordon's
book doesn't cross-reference those. He does have a table that lists
original publication info on the tablets according to his numbering
scheme, but that's all.

Dave Washburn
http://www.nyx.net/~dwashbur