b-hebrew - Re: waw-consecs and timing

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Bryan Rocine" <596547 AT ican.net>
  • To: "b-hebrew" <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: waw-consecs and timing
  • Date: Wed, 5 May 1999 06:54:07 -0400

it. It
> > generally
> > > describes consecutive events, but is there any idea
about
> > the time gap
> > > between the events?
> >
> > No implied time gap, the events often overlap and in
extreme cases can
> > refer to a previous event and give it "on line" status
("unmarked
> > overlay").
>
> Can you cite any examples of each kind (particularly the
"previous event")?

Dear Andrew,

Thanks for youe interest and excellent questions! Don't be
discouraged if you do not get a vigorous response from the
list, however, since we finished quite a long thread on this
topic only a short time ago. You may access that thread in
our list archives by visiting our web page and entering the
gateway. The web page may be found at

http://metalab.unc.edu/bhebrew

hoping to help,
Bryan