b-hebrew - Re: Hendrickson BDB

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Tony Prete <tonyp AT waterwheel.net>
  • To: Fritz Knobloch <fknobloc AT deans.umd.edu>
  • Cc: Biblical Hebrew <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Hendrickson BDB
  • Date: Sun, 02 May 1999 16:53:05 -0400

At 02:52 PM 5/2/99 -0400, you wrote:
>It is textbook ordering time for me and I am wondering if someone with the
>1996 Hendrickson reprint of Brown-Driver-Briggs can tell me if it contains
>the info from the Addenda et Corrigenda of the latest (1952) Oxford edition.
>For example, in the Oxford edition the entry 'avram on p. 4 ends with an
>asterisk that refers to the Addenda on pp. 1119ff.; there one finds a
>reference to Spiegelberg and the "Sheshonk list" and Noeldeke's
>interpretation "the father is exalted." Is that info in the Hendrickson
>edn? (The other question is whether those 7-8 pages are worth the $25 price
>differential!) Thanks in advance.

I didn't see the asterisk, but everything else is as you describe: the
"Addenda et Corrigenda" on pp. 1119ff, as well as the references to
Spiegelberg and the interpretation "the father is exalted." It's also
referenced to Strong's numbers, if that's a help.

Anthony Prete
212 Marne Avenue
Haddonfield NJ 08033-1444
609/428-1203
tonyp AT waterwheel.net
tony AT theotherside.org

  • Hendrickson BDB, Fritz Knobloch, 05/02/1999
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: Hendrickson BDB, Tony Prete, 05/02/1999