b-hebrew - Problems with Editing Hebrew Texts in Word Processors

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Moon-Ryul Jung" <moon AT saint.soongsil.ac.kr>
  • To: b-hebrew
  • Subject: Problems with Editing Hebrew Texts in Word Processors
  • Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 4:55:4

Dear List members,

I have encountered some problems with editing Hebrew text
in Word Processors e.g. MS Word and WordPad. We are supposed
to set the font to a Hebrew font,e.g. SHebrew, RHebrew, SPTiberian,
and then type in Hebrew letters according to the keyboard coding of
the selected font.

When I type in words, the position of the cursor is different
from where the letter is inserted or added. It tends to confuse
me, especially when I modify what I wrote. Does any person had
a similar experience, and if so, how can I handle this problem?

Respectfully,
Moon-Ryul Jung
Assistant Professor
Dept of Computer Science