b-hebrew - Re: Pedagogy: reading

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: yochanan bitan <ButhFam AT compuserve.com>
  • To: Bryan Rocine <596547 AT ican.net>
  • Cc: b-hebrew <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Pedagogy: reading
  • Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 13:27:47 -0400

shalom, bryan,
yes, i'm enjoying this and any dialogue that brings positive reflection.
and i would like to see people able to read their hebrew bible with ease
and better than what i often encounter. i'll share more on what that might
mean when you come.

>> is that the best way to learn to read goethe? or shakespeare?

> Are you sure you want to make this analogy?

yes,
the question was on whether it is psycholinguistically best in the long
run/short run to ingore the aural/oral route.
are the first mechanics of reading a foreign language best taught without
aural/oral infrastructure?
as for me and my house, i would say aural/oral is necessary for best
integration of reading too.

questions of registers and scope are not part of the question.

randall

  • Re: Pedagogy: reading, Bryan Rocine, 04/13/1999
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: Pedagogy: reading, yochanan bitan, 04/15/1999