b-hebrew - Re: pentameter in jonah 2?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Martin Badenhorst" <badenhorst AT op.org>
  • To: "Biblical Hebrew List" <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: pentameter in jonah 2?
  • Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 22:12:16 +0200

Try:

Wendland, Ernst, Recursion and Variation in the 'Prophecy' of Jonah : On the
Rhetorical Impact of Stylistic Technique in Hebrew Narrative Discourse, with
Special Reference to Irony and Enigma (Andrews University Seminary Studies
35), 1997, 68 - 98

Walsh, Jerome T., Jonah 2,3-10 : A Rhetorical Critical Study (Biblica Vol
63), 1982, 219 - 229

Smelik, K.A.D., The Literary Function of Poetical Passages in Biblical
Narrative (in Dyk (ed.)**, Give Ear to my Words), 1996, 147 - 151

Couffignal, Robert, Le Psaume de Jonas (Jonas 2,2-10) Une catabse biblique,
sa structure et sa fonction (Biblica 71), 1990, 542 - 552

Brenner, Athalya, Jonah's Poem out of and Within its Context (in Davies and
Clines (eds.), Among the Prophets*), 1993, 183 - 192

Barré, Michael L., Jonah 2,9 and the Structure of Jonah's Prayer (Biblica
72), 1991, 237 - 248

*Davies, Phillip R. and Clines, David J.A. (eds.), Among the Prophets:
Language and Structure in the Prophetic Writings (JSOTSup 144, Sheffield,
JSOT), 1993

**Dyk, Janet (ed.), Give Ear to My Words: Psalms and other Poetry in and
around the Hebrew Bible: Essays in Honour of Professor N.A. van Uchelen
(Kampen, Kok Pharos), 1996
----
====
Martin Badenhorst OP
1 Largo Angelicum
00184
Roma
Italia
39(06)6702308 (Stanza)
39(06)6702270 (FAX)
====
Maior lex amor est sibi.
Boethius

  • Re: pentameter in jonah 2?, Martin Badenhorst, 04/12/1999