b-hebrew - Re: Re[2]: Translations and Arian Bias 2nd TRY!

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: dano AT ott.net
  • To: Biblical Hebrew <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Re[2]: Translations and Arian Bias 2nd TRY!
  • Date: Fri, 9 Apr 1999 09:36:21 -0500

I have pondered a response to this post for about 24 hours now.
After seeing another "similar" post from Armando.. it is now my
opinon a response is needed.

Jonathan Robie wrote:

> Dana Ott wrote:

Heh.. that's Dano ... but I digress

> > This caught me by quite a bit of surprise.. IMHO somebody hasn't
> > done a study of the eternity of Jesus in its totality.. I will quote
> > some interesting comments..
>
> It caught you by surprise that nobody had done a study of the eternity of
> Jesus on a B-Hebrew mailing list?
>
> Come on, guys, let's keep this discussion to things that have obvious
> bearing on biblical Hebrew or general principles of translation.

I must say personally this caught me off guard. Especially
considering the numerous posts delivered here about the "veracity
of the NWT" , numerous advertizements for papers and essays
written about whether or not Israel had one God or several (having
very little to do with Hebrew translation if any), ad infinitum. I have
been on the list for several months now.. and haven't seen much
talk about HEBREW translation other than the wayqitol discussion.

Now let me discuss my post. My post was a DIRECT response to
the post of Dan-ake mattsson in which he was responding to Peter
Kirk.

As you will recall.. if you have been paying attention.. Dan-ake
quoted from a couple of different books pertaining to the Anti-
Nicene fathers "understanding" of the Nature of Christ. This was all
relative to an on-going discussion of Col 3:15, which filters back
and forth between Hebrew.. but MANY posts have had nothing to
do with Hebrew or translation thereof. The "nature" of Dan-ake's
post was to say that NONE of the Anti-Nicene fathers believed in
the diety of Christ.. or understood it anyway.

Yet, NONE of the previously mentioned posts have had any type of
re-direction from the moderator of the lis.

Then my post is singled out for rebuke?

Very intriguing to say the least..

Pastor Dan Oglesby
Community Revival Center Church
Where God is Alive and Moving by His Spirit
http://www.crcc-oca.org
For the opportunity of a lifetime go to:
http://www.tgeinc.com