b-hebrew - Re: Gen. 2:19

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: George Athas <gathas AT mail.usyd.edu.au>
  • To: Paul Zellmer <zellmer AT cag.pworld.net.ph>
  • Cc: list b-hebrew <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Gen. 2:19
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 08:47:43 +1100

Hi Paul!

Thanks for clarifying your post. However, I did understand what you were
saying in your first one. I guess we will agree to disagree whether the
two accounts of creation are independent of each other, or connected in
some way (other than being next to each other in the one work). We
agree, I think, that your view sees a connection between the two
accounts. My view sees them as differing accounts, each with their own
theological agenda. The different (though often similar) agendas account
for the different approach to Creation.

HTH!

Many thanks and regards,
GEORGE ATHAS
Dept of Semitic Studies,
University of Sydney
- Email: gathas AT mail.usyd.edu.au
Visit the Tel Dan Inscription Website at
http://www-personal.usyd.edu.au/~gathas/teldan.htm