b-hebrew - I will not respond

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Dave Washburn" <dwashbur AT nyx.net>
  • To: b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: I will not respond
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 06:58:16 -0700

b-hebrewers,
After my post responding to Lloyd Barre's comments about sons of
El, he wrote me a scathing personal note and told me that,
because I am an evangelical, I will never be able to understand his
position and my mind is already made up. I have tried my best in
the thread to stick to the issues, to deal strictly with the evidence,
and to avoid personal views; in fact, the only evidence of my own
viewpoint is my sig, and this is the only part of my post that he
chose to focus on. Life is too short for this. I realize that the list
chairs have good reasons for letting him post, and I respect and
accept that fact. However, for my own personal approach, I will
neither engage him nor respond to him from now on. I will continue
to interact in the sons of El thread with others who post on the
topic, and I am currently enjoying my dialogue with Bryan about
the WP. But I will have nothing to do with Lloyd Barre.

Just so everybody knows; I don't want my silence taken for assent.

> Dave,
>
> I did not receive a confirmation of my last post so I am sending this one.
> I seem to be having some problem. Please excuse me while I try to resolve
> this problem.
>
> Thanks.
>

> Lloyd M. Barre, Ph.D.
>
> http://angelfire.com/ca2/AncientIsrael
>

> ---
> You are currently subscribed to b-hebrew as: dwashbur AT nyx.net

Dave Washburn
http://www.nyx.net/~dwashbur

  • I will not respond, Dave Washburn, 01/22/1999