b-hebrew - Re: JPS translations?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Kelly McGrew <kmcgrew AT sprynet.com>
  • To: a.c.smith AT juno.com (Andrew C Smith)
  • Cc: Biblical Hebrew <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: JPS translations?
  • Date: Sun, 03 Jan 1999 05:54:00 -0800

Putting them on your wish list is the only way I know of to get them free.
I've got the 1917 edition in a Hebrew/English that I picked up in a used
book store, but I still paid about $20 or $25 for it. JPS realizes they
have something of value (after all, they did pay for hte translation,
proofing, editing, and printing!) and they strictly enforce their
copyright. They have a paperback edition that is inexpensive.