b-hebrew - Re: BH, Hatav 1997, interim report

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Bryan Rocine" <596547 AT ican.net>
  • To: "Biblical Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: BH, Hatav 1997, interim report
  • Date: Thu, 3 Dec 1998 23:02:59 -0500

whoa, Vince!

I can see one difference here between the pro and the amateur. what i mean
is, I probably got my hands on a copy of Hatav at about the same time as
you, but i have only been through a third of it. you're a machine!

----------
> From: Vincent DeCaen <decaen AT chass.utoronto.ca>
> To: Biblical Hebrew <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
> Cc: comrie AT almaak.usc.edu
> Subject: BH, Hatav 1997, interim report
> Date: Thursday, December 03, 1998 10:21 PM
>
> dear B-haverim,
>
> as promised, a report on Hatav 1997, one of the works Matt recommended.
>
> it's not clear what contact there was with the Hebraist community, but
> the lack of major works of the 80s and 90s in the bibliography looks
> suspicious. I have no idea who Izre'el is, btw: do any of you?

who should she be citing? really. she seems to be in pretty close
contact with Comrie. she's using Smith. (i realize they are not
hebraists) she has the discourse analysists ;-) she doesn't have
you...that's bad! >-( who else?

signed,
ignorant but serious

Bryan