b-hebrew - Multiple copies of postings

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Peter_Kirk AT sil.org
  • To: b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Multiple copies of postings
  • Date: Wed, 25 Nov 1998 21:41 -0500 (EST)

Can anyone explain why this morning I received back three copies of
one of my posting to the b-hebrew list posted yesterday and two copies
of the other one? One copy is quite enough! I sometimes get multiple
copies of other people's postings as well, but I don't know if they
have submitted them more than once - but I know that I submitted my
own ones only once each. Did everyone else receive multiple copies? Is
this a problem with the mail server or somewhere else? Could the
problem be in our SIL mail system? I rarely get multiple copies of
other incoming messages. Is there a way of telling from the mail
server logs or something?

Peter Kirk