b-hebrew - b-hebrew "Kiss question" [fwd]

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: djefferi AT students.wisc.edu (Daryl F. Jefferies)
  • To: b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: b-hebrew "Kiss question" [fwd]
  • Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 09:08:26 -0600

Dear List,
The following question sent to the NAPH office. If there is interest, you
may reply to the list and I will forward the discussion or you may reply to
the questioner directly. Thanks for the help.

>Could you please assist or direct me regarding the nature of Hebrew
>embraces? Specifically I am interested in the New Testament reference
>to Judas kissing Jesus. Was this one of those double kiss things? Do
>you think Jesus also kissed Judas back? I know this is a strange
>question, but I was asked it recently and wanted to run it by an expert.
>
>Thank you for your response. Jesse Wilson
Jesse Wilson <pastor AT rjsonline.net>

Daryl Jefferies
Administrative Assistant

National Association of Professors of Hebrew
University of Wisconsin
1346 Van Hise Hall
1220 Linden Drive
Madison, WI 53706

naph AT macc.wisc.edu

  • b-hebrew "Kiss question" [fwd], Daryl F. Jefferies, 10/27/1998