b-hebrew - Amos 3:3

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Mark QL Louderback" <stpaul AT bulloch.com>
  • To: Biblical Hebrew <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Amos 3:3
  • Date: Fri, 9 Oct 1998 11:37:09 -0400

This is technically not a Hebrew question, and it very may well be a
stupid one, but it puzzled me for a bit.

Does the BDB miss YDA used as a nifal in Amos? The listing
indicates he quotes all uses, but I don't see the Amos listing.

So either he(they/it) missed it, or he thought it was something else...

For those interested, I think in our system the word is...well, actually
I've lost my cheat sheet, so I don't really know. I would say NOADU
but I'm sure that's not exactly right. But nor is that the point. 8^)

Thanks.
------
Pastor Mark QL Louderback
St. Paul's Lutheran Church
18098 Ga Hwy 67
Statesboro, GA 30458

912-681-2481
912-681-2481 (fax)
stpaul AT bulloch.com

For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.
Philippians 1:21

  • Amos 3:3, Mark QL Louderback, 10/09/1998
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • RE: Amos 3:3, Lee R. Martin, 10/09/1998