australian - [Australian] 173rd

australian AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Australians and New Zealanders who served with the 173D Airborne

  • From: "Mike Kavanaugh" <mkavanaugh AT hillsidegroup.com>
  • To: <australian AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Australian] 173rd
  • Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 07:23:02 -0800

Gentlemen:

I arrived to the Bde in Apr of 66. As I remember my first operation was
assisting your group to move from Bien Hoa (our base camp and yours) to Vung
Tau. Somehow, I don't exactly remember the details I traded something I had
for one of your floppy bush caps. I wore that cap on every ambush I was on
for my tour of duty.

When I returned to the states someone swiped it from me. It was as valuable
to me as my Randle Knife. This may be a stupid request but how could I get
another one?

Any idea's, please email me at

mkavanaugh AT hillsidegroup.com

  • [Australian] 173rd, Mike Kavanaugh, 03/28/2002