approtech - Re: [approtech] cars and trucks running on wood and charcoal?

approtech AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Appropriate Technology

  • From: Kai Vido <kaivido AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Appropriate Technology <approtech AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [approtech] cars and trucks running on wood and charcoal?
  • Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 17:54:40 -0700 (PDT)

--- David Glober <david.glober AT yahoo.com> wrote:

> "This IS NOT Rocket Science ... it is Average Person Garage Science"
> ... Proposes to show how to use wood gas to create and then burn
> hydrogen, methane and other gases - and run cars, trucks, etc.

Sounds great. I would like to take a seminar with teachers who actually
DO this stuff. But...

> This web page has a little bit of a sensationalized format and
> appearance to my taste, but claims to be by a former development
> engineer at Chrysler and a partner, both with decades of experience
> designing and tinkering. And, if you buy all four of their books,
> they send you an actual, working, small-scale wood-gas biomass stove.
> http://woodgasalternativeenergyfuel.com/

Their web page is terrible. It is the worst-presented one I have seen
in a long, long time. Mega-sized image files. Took 20 minutes to view
just the home page on my dialup connection, and I was disappointed in
the end. And...if the same guys wrote the books as composed the web
text, I would not buy them.

BUT the idea is intriguing!

--Kai