aifia-pt - [AI] IDEA 2008 Conference

aifia-pt AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Arquitetura da Informação (em Português)

  • From: Livia Labate <liv AT livlab.com>
  • To: "Arquitetura da Informação (em Português)" <aifia-pt AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [AI] IDEA 2008 Conference
  • Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2008 11:28:55 -0400

The Information Architecture Institute Presents
the IDEA 2008 Conference

Full Two Day Conference October 7-8, 2008
Preconference Workshop October 6, 2008
Website: http://www.ideaconference.org
Register at http://ideaconference.org/register.html

What is IDEA?

IDEA is the IA Institute?s conference on Information: Design, Experience,
Access. The conference brings together practitioners who are addressing
design and information challenges of today?s always-on, always-connected
world. The full program is available on our website
http://www.ideaconference.org.

Who is speaking?

David Armano: Micro-Interactions in a 2.0 World
Alberto Cañas: Cmap Tools: From Meaningful Learning to a Network of
Knowledge Builder
Chris Crawford: Linguistic User Interfaces
Bill DeRouchey: The Language of Interaction
Jason Fried: Getting Real
Jesse James Garrett: Aurora: Envisioning the Future of the Web
Aradhana Goel: Emerging trends | Design thinking | Service innovation
Dave Gray: Books and Browsers
Andrew Hinton: You Are (Mostly)Here: Digital Space and the Context Problem
Jason Kunesh: Design Context Clues
Elliott Malkin: Information in Space
Edwina von Gal: Mixing Messages

Who should attend IDEA?

IDEA will be very exciting to anyone who is involved with creating products and services that require users to engage in complex information spaces.

This includes information architects, user experience designers, interaction designers, web designers, information designers, game designers... designers in general, really! Smart marketers will also be interested in the conversations at IDEA. I also expect students of these disciplines will be very keen on coming to the conference.

Because it's not a large multi-track conference, IDEA is also a great place to network. If you need to hire professionals from any of the above disciplines, or if you are looking for a new career challenge, you have to come to IDEA.

Sponsor can join us in our exhibit hall as well as on our website, meeting our attendees and site visitors. It's a great opportunity to network, recruit and promote - visit http://ideaconference.org/sponsors.html or write to idea2008 AT iainstitute.org for more info.

What is the Preconference?

Maya Design's popular full-day workshop uses real-world case studies as
the starting point for learning how to gather domain knowledge, synthesize and structure data, diagram processes and relationships, and design interactions based on those models. Workshop exercises include concept mapping, documenting mental models, process-flow diagramming, and depicting information models.

What can you do?

Register at http://ideaconference.org/register.html

There are great discounts for IAI members, so renew your membership or
join today at our sign up page.

If you have questions about the conference, registration, sponsorships or
any IDEA topic, please contact idea2008 AT iainstitute.org.

  • [AI] IDEA 2008 Conference, Livia Labate, 09/03/2008