acawiki-general - [acawiki-general] acawiki new server

acawiki-general AT lists.ibiblio.org

  • From: Mike Linksvayer <ml AT gondwanaland.com>
  • To: "AcaWiki general (listserv)" <acawiki-general AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [acawiki-general] acawiki new server
  • Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2013 17:32:17 -0700

acawiki.org is running from a new server as of today.

I have new account registration turned off while looking into further
configuration, but otherwise everything should work; let me know if
not.

I hope to follow up on stale threads re license and others soon.

Thanks to Fabricatorz for hosting the site for a long time! (And maybe
still for you until DNS propagates; if http://acawiki.org/Home has
news about a new server, you're seeing the new server. ;))

For anyone mildly curious about such things, migration was pretty
easy, with just a database dump, a few images, and LocalSettings.php.
Because I'm mildly curious, I used a very very mildly new setup, with
Debian 7, nginx, php5-fpm, and mariadb, and deployed mediawiki and
extensions from git.

Mike

  • [acawiki-general] acawiki new server, Mike Linksvayer, 08/05/2013