acawiki-general - [acawiki-general] acawiki tagline

acawiki-general AT lists.ibiblio.org

  • From: Jon Phillips <jon AT fabricatorz.com>
  • To: "AcaWiki general (listserv)" <acawiki-general AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [acawiki-general] acawiki tagline
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 17:45:43 -0700

Hi all, I want us to come up with a nice short tagline for acawiki. On
the wiki there are some thoughts:

Current
"AcaWiki enables graduate students and researchers to share
summaries of academic papers online"
Ideas
Share summaries of academic papers online
Share Academic Research Online
Share Academic Papers Online
Opening Access to Academic Papers Online
Share More Academic Papers Online
The Wikipedia of Academic Research
Research--Briefly
Summarize research online
Get the gist

What do you all think? Great to have one we can use that gets idea
across. I think in some ways saying "summarizing academic summaries"
is very limiting.

http://fabricatorz.com/2011/06/acawiki-presentation-at-fisl12-in-brazil/

In the presentation I sent before I oultined four problems:

* Paywalls (cost access barriers)
* Jargonwalls (language specific barriers)

The two pictures outline then some digestable problems:

* student access to research (students have no money)
* access to research in dev nations (diff. language and lower money)

I want to start tailoring our message in this digestable format. If
you want to give a presentation about the projects, these slides are
ready for you to use.

Now, how can we make some simple statement from the list above or from
someone's elses idea, to have a digestable statement about acawiki
like:

Acawiki: Sharing summaries of academic papers

Cheers!

--
Jon Phillips
http://fabricatorz.com/