acawiki-general - Re: [acawiki-general] Fwd: pages without summaries?

acawiki-general AT lists.ibiblio.org

  • From: Christopher Adams <christopher AT fabricatorz.com>
  • To: Jon Phillips <jon AT fabricatorz.com>
  • Cc: jschneider AT pobox.com, "AcaWiki general \(listserv\)" <acawiki-general AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [acawiki-general] Fwd: pages without summaries?
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2011 16:36:09 -0400

On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 4:29 PM, Jon Phillips <jon AT fabricatorz.com> wrote:
On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 3:20 PM, Christopher Adams
<christopher AT fabricatorz.com> wrote:
> Any way that we can cut down on noise would be helpful. Visitors clicking a
> link expecting a summary shouldn't be confronted with a blank page or stub.

What do you mean? Is the blank page a varnish error? We need to file
these bugs...varnish is particularly annoying on acawiki....

By blank page I mean a MediaWiki page that exists but has no content, except for maybe the title or bibliographic reference.

The point is that we don't want summary articles with no content to turn up on lists of articles that AcaWiki features. It's like a link on a website where the page just says "Coming soon" or "Under construction." Bummer!

I agree that it would be nice to contact the original stub creators and say, "Hey, thanks for adding this to AcaWiki. Do you think you can help write the summary?"

- Christopher