[unclug] growing the LUG

Brian Pike bapike at email.unc.edu
Fri Apr 28 23:24:27 EDT 2006

I'd love to meet on Wednesday to talk about the future of the LUG here.
Name a time and place, and I'll be there.

As for whether there's a need... I think so.  Plenty of people in the math
deparment (where I'm a grad student) use Linux, LaTeX, etc.  I'm sure
people in the computer science department use it.  LUGs aren't just for
the Linux kernel.

I would like to say that I had no idea that this mailing list existed,
even after explicitly searching for a LUG at UNC, until I received a
TriLUG announcement about Cristobal being elected to the steering
committee.  I remembered him from high school, googled his name, and came
up with this list.  There are others, I'm sure, who are in similar
situations.

-Brian
(Surprised to see Mailman sit on a digest e-mail for 3 days...)