[unclug] growing the LUG

Timothy A. Chagnon tchagnon at unc.edu
Fri Apr 28 12:40:38 EDT 2006

I would like to have seen a LUG community at UNC.  There are a lot of
people around here (ITS Control-center & Research Computing, ibiblio,
etc.) who use Linux, and everyone has a little bit different expertise.
  Everyone could benefit from sharing this knowledge, but for a lot
TriLUG probably serves this purpose.

Unfortunately, I will not be around (going to Philly) much longer to
help you.  But I will leave you all with a parting gift.  I figured out
and wrote a howto for getting OpenAFS going on Ubuntu 5.10 (probably
works for Debian as well) earlier this year.  Feel free to do with it
what you like (i.e. GNU FDL).

http://www.unc.edu/~tchagnon/openafs_ubuntu.html

Tim

--