[unclug] growing the LUG

dsandif dsandif at email.unc.edu
Wed Apr 26 09:11:23 EDT 2006

I agree Cris,

It has been to the shame of the unc community that we haven't done more
with unclug. There is so much potential and yet, for whatever reasons I
have yet to fathom, no one wants to acknowledge that unclog even exist.
I remember when it was first proposed and how excited everyone was to
have our very own home grown Linux community and then after it got
established; no one wanted to do anything with it. (I think I even have
some emails about this some where). I agree that we should see "Linux as
being an important part of what the Triangle has to offer the rest of
the country and world" and that we need to get off our collective silent
butts and make this happen. I for one am behind you on this. I
definitely want to see a thriving & actively communicating Linux
community here at UNC. Let me know what I can do to help.

D-