[unclug] Anyone got an OpenAFS client running under kernel 2.6.x?

Andrew Perrin clists at perrin.socsci.unc.edu
Mon Feb 21 16:31:43 EST 2005

Thanks - I hadn't realized that. I was able to use the experimental
version and set it up fine. HOWEVER, there's a bug in the version packaged
there that is really fatal: under certain conditions the client simply
silently "swallows" a file when there's a write error.  That led to
several files coming up zero size -- and therefore to data loss. I
consider that a Bad Thing in a filesystem!

All best,
Andy

clists at perrin.socsci.unc.edu * andrew_perrin (at) unc.edu