[unclug] LaTeX help?

Cristobal Palmer cmpalmer at ils.unc.edu
Mon Feb 7 14:50:43 EST 2005

I had the bright idea of turning in my Discrete Math homework as
neatly-printed LaTeX documents instead of pen-and-paper.

If you want to see my actual problem, look below. Suffice it to say that I
gave up after about an hour and a half of googling and www.tug.org
browsing, and was wondering if anybody either knew the answer or could
suggest another reference.

I got stuck trying to get $x\not{\in}B$ to render correctly. It should
look like an epsilon with a slash through it, but LaTeX doesn't seem to
realize how big the "Is an element of" character is, so the slash doesn't
go through the middle.

-CMP

P.S.

I'm actually using pdflatex. Don't think this makes a difference, but...
/me shrugs.

Cristobal M. Palmer
UNC-CH SILS
cmpalmer at ils.unc.edu