[unclug] Python n' Kerberos

Adam Constabaris adamc at unc.edu
Fri Feb 4 10:27:34 EST 2005

Hola,

I've been banging my head against the wall trying to figure out how to
use Python to non-interactively authenticate users against Kerberos. The
only previous attempt I could find to create a module for this purpose
is moribund and doesn't compile (not surprising, it's 2005 and it was,
AFAICT, last worked on in 1998).

I've finally worked up something using pExpect and kinit, but before I
say this is the best solution I'm gonna get, I'd like to find out if
there's something a little more robust out there.

Anybody who can disabuse me of the notion that I *can't* use python-ldap
and SASL non-interactively (I've tried that route) against sso.unc.edu
is invited to do so.