[unclug] Red Hat AS from RHN

John W. Sopko Jr. sopko at cs.unc.edu
Wed Jun 9 09:48:45 EDT 2004

We have used all three versions, the original rhel-3 release, update1
and update2. As far as I can tell the latest update has all the patches
rolled into it including the lates kernel for that update. This speeds
up running up2date considerably since so many darn patches have come out
  since the original release.

We download the iso's, burn cdroms and then unpack the cdroms on a local
disk to be used by kickstart. As updates come out we replace with the
latest update release.

Jeff Bollinger wrote:
> Just downloaded the RedHat AS v. 3 from the RedHat Network w/ the campus
> site license (4 ISOs!).  Anyone know about the "Update" ISOs?  There
> seems to be two updates (1 and 2) that have another 4 ISOs each.  Are
> these actual distributions or just updates?  Is there an impetus to
> install the update ISOs, and if so, is there a special order in which
> they have to be installed?
>
> Thanks,
> Jeff

John W. Sopko Jr.               University of North Carolina
email: sopko AT cs.unc.edu      Computer Science Dept., CB 3175
Phone: 919-962-1844             Sitterson Hall; Room 044
Fax:   919-962-1799             Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3175