[unclug] Red Hat AS from RHN

Matthew Mauzy mauzy at email.unc.edu
Wed Jun 9 09:08:04 EDT 2004

When I talked to the folks at redhat 2 weeks ago, the answer was: "normally
for updates only disk 1 is changed, but we made so many changes across the
board that we just re-spun the entire 4 disk set".  And yes, RHEL3u2 is a
full distro that you can install from.

I also asked them if you have a system that installed from RHEL3 and have
kept up to date via rhn and you install a fresh system from RHEL3u2 CDs are
these the same system ... the answer was yes, we think so.  (This was from
the instructor teaching the RedHat class I was taking.)

That answer your question or do I need another cup of coffee?

--Matthew

--On Wednesday, June 09, 2004 8:44 AM -0400 Jeff Bollinger