[unclug] Mounting Novell filesystem on Linux

Loren Watterson loren_watterson at unc.edu
Thu Jan 29 21:23:26 EST 2004

Jeff - I would suggest the Novel client software at

novelclient.sourceforge.net

I've been running version 0.82 for some months without any
problems at all under RedHat 7.3.  It has a nice Novell-like
gui interface that is easy for users to understand if they
are already familiar with Windoze clients.  The client mounts
each Netware volume as a subdirectory under the tree/server
directory that is created at setup.  As an example, I'm browsing
the CPCTREE and looking at server POP386 with volumes below that
so it's just a simple

ls -l /CPCTREE/POP386

to see the volumes.  Overall the tool has served me very well on
our linux desktops.
Best,
Loren

J. Loren Watterson