[unclug] Mounting Novell filesystem on Linux

David B. Rankin david.rankin at unc.edu
Thu Jan 29 18:07:27 EST 2004

Sounds like you need to use Netware NFS. NFS (through Novell Native File
Access)is included in NW 6 and NW 6.5 but not NW 5.1 (it's a separate
product and not on the UNC ALA license).

http://www.novell.com/products/nfa/quicklook.html

Jeff Howard wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a Novell 5.1 file server and I want to mount
> its partitions on a Red Hat 9.0 system.  Has anyone done
> this? I looked at the ncpmount command but it relies on the
> Novell server using IPX which ours doesn't.  Any thoughts?
>
> Thanks!

David B. Rankin, CCNA, MCSE, CNE
Associate Director of Distributed Computing
Administrative Information Services
440 W. Franklin Street CB 1150
Chapel Hill, NC  27599-1150
Office Phone = 919.962.2435