[unclug] Redirect 80 ---> 443 with Apache?

John W. Sopko Jr. sopko at cs.unc.edu
Fri Feb 20 10:45:01 EST 2004

I here ya, I have had problems also. Ironic, apache 2.x was supposed to
simplify this issue:

 From the Apache 2.0 New Features doc:

http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/new_features_2_0.html

New Apache API
     The API for modules has changed significantly for 2.0. Many of the
module-ordering/-priority problems from 1.3 should be gone. 2.0 does
much of this automatically, and module ordering is now done per-hook to
allow more flexibility. Also, new calls have been added that provide
additional module capabilities without patching the core Apache server.