[unclug] Redirect 80 ---> 443 with Apache?

John W. Sopko Jr. sopko at cs.unc.edu
Fri Feb 20 10:33:34 EST 2004

The reason I am going to 2.x is that we are migrating to RedHat
Enterprise3 (rhel-3). It only comes with apache 2.x. I am trying
to get away from compiling my own software all the time. I know,
I am a wimp, just to many things to keep track of. If a security fix
comes out RedHat has the rpm all set to go. Also I hated compiling
openssl/mod_ssl into apache, non-ssl apache was simple to compile. The
RedHat rpms are ssl ready.