[unclug] Redirect 80 ---> 443 with Apache?

John W. Sopko Jr. sopko at cs.unc.edu
Fri Feb 20 10:29:41 EST 2004

I tried this at first, a re-direct causes a loop, you come in on port
80, see the redirect, come in on port 443, see the Redirect, come in on
port 443 see the Redirect....Can probably get to work with virtual
servers. I just wanted a simple way when going to port 80 to go to
port 443 like Jeff did. I think there is some issue in apaceh 2.x.

Also if you use regular expressions you need to use "RedirectMatch"
instead of plain "Redirect"