[unclug] Redirect 80 ---> 443 with Apache?

John W. Sopko Jr. sopko at cs.unc.edu
Fri Feb 20 10:18:37 EST 2004

Yes, you can see the config at:

http://lark.cs.unc.edu/server-info#mod_rewrite.c

     RewriteEngine on
     RewriteCond %{SERVER_PORT} !^443$
     RewriteRule ^/(.*) https://%{SERVER_NAME}/$1 [NC,R,L]
     RewriteLog /tmp/rewrite.log
     RewriteLogLevel 9

I am searching the web now, I found this, someone else is
having the same problem in apache 2.x:

------------
I'm looking for a method to do the same thing.
(http://www.abc123.com => https://www.abc123.com). This one works for me
in Apache 1.3, but not in 2.0:

RewriteEngine on
RewriteRule ^/(.*) https://www.abc123.com/$1 [R]

Am I missing something in Apache 2.0 (quite new to that..), or has the
mod_rewrite syntax changed?

Suggestions very welcome!

TIA,

Dirk