[unclug] ACK! Spam!

Cristobal M Palmer cmpalmer at email.unc.edu
Wed Feb 18 17:34:42 EST 2004

Sounds like you're right there in the trenches fighting this one.

I'd like to know what you think of bogofilter. I use aptitude instead of
apt-get, and a quick '/' (search) for 'filter' got me 'annoyance-filter,'
a similar Bayesian filter program. Anybody used that one? Anybody know if
there's a real difference?

I also got a response recommending mutt, an email client that
"sucks less than the others," and I was wondering if anyone else would
mind sharing her/his ~/.muttrc file.

Apparently in mutt you can skip the whole shell script thing and set up a
macro and assign it a keybinding that will let you delete as spam/ham.

http://www.rohrbach.de/files/rc/.muttrc

Thanks (anon.) for the link to the .muttrc above; anybody else wanna pitch
one in?

Also: thanks to those who recommended http://mail.unc.edu/spam

I set that up--we'll see how it performs.

							       .--.
                                                              |o_o |
                                                              ||_/ |
Peace,                                                       //   \ \