[unclug] ACK! Spam!

Brian Payst brian_payst at unc.edu
Wed Feb 18 13:46:44 EST 2004

Hmm, you had to throw in "lightweight" didn't you? I've been pretty
happy with Mozilla/Thunderbird and it's spam filtering. It has the once
click delete feature you seek - just flag it as junk and it goes away,
plus it  has learning filters. However, it is far from lightweight.

I've heard some rumors of a trial server-side spam filtering service on
campus... Maybe someone else more in the know could fill you in.

Having a server-side filter that at least added or modified a header
would be a big help to filtering. I've seen several other universities
that do this.