[unclug] there's penguins in the Union

Brian Payst brian_payst at unc.edu
Fri Feb 13 14:22:06 EST 2004

After some debate with myself (very entertaining) I left
crt+alt+backspace just for that reason. If one gets hung on some odd web
site, just kill the X server and you're back within 5-10 seconds.

We've just the 5 you see there, but I've got plans for at least one more
and I think eventually we'll put more in various places in the Union
(there certainly are enough ports in there) and maybe other locations.
The nice part is adding a kiosk just involves plugging it's MAC into the
server configs, a couple account tweaks and we're off.

I should also throw out a thanks to Jeff Bollinger who helped me
troubleshoot some IPTables issues on the fly during the initial set-up.

--
Brian Payst, MS
Director of Technology & Systems Support