[unclug] Re: safari-view?

Cristobal M Palmer cmpalmer at email.unc.edu
Thu Feb 12 00:21:39 EST 2004

Thought I'd throw this in for posterity:

I just managed to get online via UNC-1 (a network that requires WEP).

Turns out all I had to do was edit /etc/network/interfaces and add the two
lines (with the key in the format noted):

wireless-essid UNC-1
wireless-key   xx:xx:xx:xx:xx

Why couldn't I do this with ifconfig or iwconfig? I have no clue. But
after I added those two lines, everything worked flawlessly.

I had also tried editing /etc/wlan/wlan.conf (a file that has all sorts of
toggles for WEP settings, along with helpful comments).

That did nothing, BTW.

Is there a moral here?

							       .--.
                                                              |o_o |
                                                              ||_/ |
Peace,                                                       //   \ \