[TypicalGirls] Callout for female fanzine UK fanzine writers, 1975-1984

WWWhatsup joly at dti.net
Thu Feb 25 00:18:28 EST 2016

​Good luck Cazz,

At Better Badges I printed a whole bunch of fanzines between 79-82 and I
don't think a single one of one of them was female authored​! I never
really thought about it til now.

​I did print a little lyrics book for The Raincoats., and distro'd
International Anthem for Gee.

​I'll be very interested to see what you come up with.​

​joly​

On Wed, Nov 11, 2015 at 3:08 PM, Cazz Blase <cazz.blase at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm very new to this list, so I should probably introduce myself.
>
> My name is Cazz Blase, I wrote a five part series on women and UK punk for
> the F-Word website (www.thefword.org.uk) between 2010 and 2011. I'm in
> the process of turning the series into a book, and for that, I need more
> interviewees.
>
> Because I'm interested in how women contributed to the growing mythology
> of punk, I'm interested in speaking to female fanzine writers who were
> writing punk fanzines in the UK at anytime between 1975 and 1984.
>
> I've tracked a few people down, and I realise it's likely to be a very
> small group of people to draw from in any case, but...
>
> I would be very interested in tracking down Crystal and Sarah who did More
> On and Sharon Spike who did Apathy in Ilford.
>
> If anyone happens to have a lead on how I might track them down, I'd be
> very, very grateful indeed.
>
> Thank you very much,
>
> Cazz
>
> --
> Cazz Blase
> Writer and journalist
> http://cazzblase.blogspot.co.uk/
> http://toolateforcake.wordpress.com
> cazz.blase at gmail.com

Joly MacFie  218 565 9365 Skype:punkcast
WWWhatsup NYC - http://wwwhatsup.com