[TypicalGirls] Notting Hill 1970s women in punk oral history project

Nicole Emmenegger nicole at jennywoolworth.ch
Wed Feb 27 07:24:32 EST 2013

hey folks!

As some of you know I am a DJ and music archivist and under my pseudonym
Jenny Woolworth I manage a website and blog about women in punk (
www.jennywoolworth.ch).

As I update and revamp my website, my latest project is to gather oral
histories from women involved in the 70s/80s punk scene in Notting Hill.
The final product will be a place-based sound map, so I am looking for
specific locations and stories that can be plotted as part of an audio walk
of the neighborhood.

I have been in touch with some of you individually already but I wonder if
there are any other folks here with something to say on the matter who
would be willing to have a chat with me sometime in the next few weeks? I
live in London and would prefer in-person interviews, but can arrange
Skype/phone calls as well.

I am especially looking to talk with former employees of Rough Trade, so
any help tracking someone down will be especially appreciated!

I will keep you all up to date with the progress of the project, which will
launch in mid May.

many thanks and warmest greetings,
Nicole

nicole at jennywoolworth.ch