[TypicalGirls] Bona Dish

Dina Hornreich dina.hornreich at gmail.com
Mon Dec 16 23:43:15 EST 2013

OM ranked this among the top 2013 reissues:

"
*BONA DISH *The Zaragoza Tapes 1981-1982
(Captured Tracks)

This year we discovered (via our friends Captured Tracks) Bona Dish, a
short-lived four-piece from early-'80s Hertfordshire, UK, who were
releasing music at the height of the UK DIY-era that rivaled the best of
Delta 5, Dolly Mixture, Marine Girls and Kleenex/LiLiPUT, which is just
about some of the highest praise we can give to a record. The band was made
up of two sets of art school couples who created songs with a perfect sense
of economy, full of scrappy, melodic bass lines and angular, scratchy,
metallic guitars, all which sounded like instant DIY classics to our ears.
Gotta get it.

--
Dina L. Hornreich
dina.hornreich at gmail.com