[TypicalGirls] The Lost Women of Rock Music: Female Musicians of the Punk Era

denah johnston denahjohnston at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 12:39:30 EDT 2012

Helen, I wanted to jump in and thank you for your wonderful work - it
helped inform my writing of *No Future Now: A Nomadology of Resistance and
Subversion<http://www.amazon.com/Future-Now-Nomadology-Resistance-Subversion/dp/0983915288/ref=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1337731009&sr=1-3>.
*

I also found it interesting that the violence against women isn't mentioned
or addressed more when the topic is discussed. Usually there is a casual
comment made about the nearly ideal gender equality in the scene. Of course
later in Riot Grrrl we see the developing of another wave that was largely
in reaction to the exclusion of and violence against women.

All the best!

--
:Denah A. Johnston