[TypicalGirls] Has anyone been to D.C.'s "Women Who Rock" exhibition at NMWA?

Erin Fleming erinflemingburns at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 14:40:48 EDT 2012

Here is the exhibition:  http://www.nmwa.org/exhibitions/women-who-rock

I'm writing something about museums and local/community relevance, and I'm
trying to figure out if the exhibition included anything on Chalk Circle
(DC's first all-female punk band formed in the early '80s) or even on
Dischord women like Slant 6, Autoclave, Amy Farina, etc.  In fact, if
anyone has gone to it and just wants to share their thoughts about it with
me off-list, I'd love that.  I suspect the exhibition will be lackluster
seeing as how it was developed by the people over at the Rock N Roll Hall
of Fame, where nearly 90% of the inductees are male.  Plus there's that
whole issue of "Are we musicians or are we *female *musicians?  Rockers or *
female* rockers?"

I'd rather go see the Women's Music and Liberation exhibit anyway!  :)
http://womensliberationmusicarchive.wordpress.com/music-liberation-exhibition/

Thanks all!

Erin

--