[TypicalGirls] Women in New York's Late-'70s No Wave Scene

Joly MacFie joly at punkcast.com
Thu Feb 23 12:50:46 EST 2012

Begs the question - which contemporary female musicians are genuinely
"SCARY".

But I wonder if that's a valid criterion for creativity, period. Scariness
was a barrier to overturn at the time, and it was, and well trampled into
the ground. Perhaps there are new challenges?

On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 12:33 PM, Erin Burns <erinflemingburns at gmail.com>wrote:

> Please check out my blog post for today on women in No Wave and punk in
> general, and join the conversation in the comments.  My "theory" about
> women in aggressive music could quite possibly be totally flawed!  (Also,
> please kill me for accidentally leaving out awesome all-female No Wave band
> Y Pants.)
>
> http://ribbonaroundabomb.com/2012/02/23/in-the-mood-for-femme-no-wave/
>
> Thanks everyone!
>
> -Erin
>
> --
> Erin Fleming Burns
> FAMSF
> http://ribbonaroundabomb.com/

Joly MacFie  218 565 9365 Skype:punkcast
WWWhatsup NYC - http://wwwhatsup.com