[TypicalGirls] slits interview

HunnyPi007 at aol.com HunnyPi007 at aol.com
Mon Dec 17 23:16:13 EST 2012

Yes, this is THE BEST THING EVER! I was determined and thrilled to get the 7" along with the album when it was originally released in '81 and played it over and over and over to the point that I could recite parts of it. Of course, I was tickled to be able to play in on the air later when I had a radio show of my own. This singular radio appearance still cracks me up today, and I'm glad other TGs are finally getting to hear it (and that I can now easily add an mp3 of it in my collection).

The link is working now, Joly, so people can hear it here: Dangerous Minds | The Slits: College radio stand-off between ‘a coven of witches and a mob of townspeople,’ 1980

"WE'RE NAMED AFTER A SLIT DRUM. IT'S GOT A SLIT IN THE SIDE OF IT. [Banshee noises, etc!]"

Typical regards,
Lydia