[TypicalGirls] I really wish Poly Styrene were still alive

lsmith yelmo2000 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 6 00:31:04 EDT 2011

Wow Dina, Thank you for sharing.
You've given me a lot to think about - as ALWAYS!With love,Lani

--- On Mon, 7/4/11, Dina Hornreich <dina.hornreich at gmail.com> wrote:From: Dina Hornreich <dina.hornreich at gmail.com>
Subject: [TypicalGirls] I really wish Poly Styrene were still alive
To: "Typical Girls" <typicalgirls at lists.ibiblio.org>
Date: Monday, July 4, 2011, 12:35 PM

You know, right before Poly died there were some interviews that discussed her journey to womanhood. Let's face it -- in X-Ray Spex she was still a teenager.

I wish she were still around so I could ask her about that journey. It's obviously from the album that came out recently that she has grown and dealt with her condition well. I seek inspiration from her in that regard because I identify with her so much.

Please send links to interviews discussing her growth and maturation.

It's research for my blog (baldgrrrl.tumblr.com) and memoir.

And happy 4th.

Dina Hornreich
dina.hornreich at gmail.com
http://portfolio.du.edu/dhornrei